Most people enjoy the summertime with the sunshine and warmth it offers. When they need an escape from the scorching heat, and it becomes too uncomfortable, the locals can rely on their air conditioner to maintain cooler, comfortable temperatures indoors. When the air conditioner’s small, cylindrical part that transmits energy to your AC system starts acting faulty the delightful summer can become an unwelcomed experience. To share a few common signs that the capacitor is failing is what we at Steve’s Heating and Air would like to do today.
How Do I Know if My Start Capacitor is Bad?
1) Can an AC Unit Last 10 or 20 years? If the air conditioner unit is over 10 years old, it isn’t running as efficiently or is reliable as it used to to be. You can expect for the normal wear and tear may have done a number on your capacitor if a system is over 10 years old. Eventually, the capacitor will need to be replaced.
2) Excessive short cycling. The air conditioner short cycling during the day, which is normal is when the air conditioner turns on for a time and then powers down to maintain the cool temperatures. It can be a malfunction with the capacitor when notice your system switching on and off often or just running constantly, however.
3) AC increases electricity bill. Most homeowners are familiar with the average is on the power bill at the peak of summer. Your system is working way too hard, and your capacitor could be going out in the event you are noticing a constant increase that continues to increase.
4) Thermostat not reaching the set temperature. There is a problem if the thermostat is set at 72 degrees Fahrenheit and the temperature never drops under 78 degrees Fahrenheit. Your capacitor may potentially require replacing when you can’t seem to get the temperature to a comfortable level.
5) Vents blowing warm air. It can be presumed that the capacitor is failing should your filter be new, and the air conditioner just simply is not blowing cool air.
6) AC won’t turn on or takes a long time to run. Your capacitor may have reached the end of its lifespan if in the event it feels like it is taking forever to kick on or just plain will not turn on.
Central Air Conditioning Preventive Maintenance Tune Up, Emergency Repair, Replacement & More in Sumrall, Purvis, Oak Grove, Dixie, Leeville, Petal & Hattiesburg MS & Pine Belt, Mississippi
There are some ways you can test your unit to confirm the capacitor is faulty though it is in your better interest to hire a professional. If the capacitor be not the problem, an expert can identify the issue at hand and know which steps to take. Call in the experts of Steve’s Heating & Air and let our technicians assist you with high-quality services and help your better depend on the air conditioner should you suspect there is something wrong with the capacitor, or if the air conditioner is not performing to its full potential. Our team of qualified professionals can help whether you need air conditioner repairs, replacements, new installations, or maintenance services in Pine Belt, MS and surrounding areas!